An ENGLISH Rule of Contractions

 
WHEN YOU REMOVE A LETTER AND ADD AN APOSTROPHE (')  it is then a
  CONTRACTION:


I'm is short for I am. Take out letter a  Add apostrophe '  you've got 
contraction I'm but NOT letter "a"
 - EASY, PEASY!  SMILE. 

It's - another one! Short for It is.

The two words shorten from it and is into one word it's called a CONTRACTION
 
 

 Contractions I'm and It's
Other Contractions: they're short for they and are
we'll short for we will
 
Fill in spaces with contractions from underlined words :
1)  I am _____  a happy person.
2) It is ______ time to go to bed.
3) The dogs are happy. They are _______ having fun.
4) We will ________ go to bed shortly.
 
ANSWERS: Contractions 1)  I'm   2) It's   3)  They're  4) We'll
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2020 is Memorable

KENOSEE LAKE FOUR SEASONS COMMUNITY LOG BUILDING BEING UPGRADED 2020